SW 20th Avenue Annexation?
On Monday afternoon, members of the UF Student Government Association met with Gainesville city staff members. Their concern. How would a proposed annexation of SW 20th Ave. affect students who live in the area?
Most of the homes on SW 20th Ave cater to off-campus student housing. UF Student Senate President Kellie Dale says she lives in that area. She's one of the students who met with city staff. She says her main concern is whether changing the road from county to city property would hurt students' pockets or affect services to the area.
"We expressed some concerns about just wanting to be involved in the process to be able to understand exactly what was being annexed, how it would affect students, if students would have to feel the rising costs," said Dale.
Alachua county officials just spent a million dollars repaving the road. The proposed annexation would be a referendum on the November ballot.
- Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue
- 20th Annual Bed Making Competition
- Celebration on the Avenue
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- Fuel Spill on NE 39th Avenue in Gainesville
- 2nd Avenue Road Repair Update
- Man Beaten on 8th Avenue has Been Taken Off Life Support
- A Lost Treasure On Fifth Avenue
- 34th Street and 39th Avenue Crash