SW 20th Avenue Annexation?
On Monday afternoon, members of the UF Student Government Association met with Gainesville city staff members. Their concern. How would a proposed annexation of SW 20th Ave. affect students who live in the area?
Most of the homes on SW 20th Ave cater to off-campus student housing. UF Student Senate President Kellie Dale says she lives in that area. She's one of the students who met with city staff. She says her main concern is whether changing the road from county to city property would hurt students' pockets or affect services to the area.
"We expressed some concerns about just wanting to be involved in the process to be able to understand exactly what was being annexed, how it would affect students, if students would have to feel the rising costs," said Dale.
Alachua county officials just spent a million dollars repaving the road. The proposed annexation would be a referendum on the November ballot.
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Residents frustrated over construction delays
- 20th Annual Bed Making Competition
- Body found near SW 20th ave
- 20th year for Camp Boggy Creek
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in collision on SW 34th St and 20th Ave
- Car crash in Ocala raises questions from business owners about SW 20th Street safety
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- City of Gainesville wants to Annex a Part of Alachua County
- Gainesville Wants to Annex Parts of Alachua County