Behind the Sheriff Candidates' Badges
They've been debating the issues in public forums for weeks. Now we're looking behind their badges.
Sheriff Sadie Darnell and G.P.D. Captain Lonnie Scott want to be the future Alachua County Sheriff. It's their past, however, that shapes who they are today.
Both have lost family members - Scott's brother was shot and killed; Darnell's niece died of a brain tumor.
"That was one of the most difficult things i had to do," said Scott, "to tell my mother that my brother had been killed, shot in the streets of miami."
"The loss of Sarah is something i would never want anyone to go through but it caused me to be more balanced in my life from the stand point of what truly is important."
So while the candidates are looking forward to the upcoming election, it's a look back that shows what's made them who they are today.
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- Prez Candidate's Wife Comes to Gainesville Wednesday
- 4-A's Host Candidate Forum
- Candidates Forum, Faith's Role
- 4A's Do Not Endorse Any Candidate in Final Forum Before Election Day
- Choosing A Double Mastectomy: Behind Angelina Jolie's Decision
- Newberry's Nations Park Behind Schedule
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations