Bus Stop Problems
School started today for more than 90- thousand students in North Central Florida to the delight and dismay of many.
Among the dismayed are parents of East Marion Elementary, Lake Weir, and Fort McCoy students who don't think the new location of their bus stop is safe.
Budget cuts moved this bus stop from within their subdivision in Silver Springs to another intersection nearly a mile down the road.
Concerned parent Catherine Paton says, "We have too many kids in that park that need to picked up in that park and too many little kids that can not be around the dogs that can not be around the wildlife at dark."
School officials say all students taking a bus to school will have to walk further to the bus stop this year, unless that stop is found to be unsafe.
School transportation workers will then check out bus stops when parents request it.
- Alachua County Man Arrested for Stalking Woman at Bus Stop
- Bus Stop Safety - Dangerous Intersection in Trenton
- Bus Stop Upgrades
- McCain Veteran Victory Bus Stops In Gainesville
- Parent Wants Bus Stop Moved Away From Sex Offenders
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- Middle School Students Stop a Bus from Crashing
- Teen Attacked Walking Towards Bus Stop
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- One Stop Homeless Center "Stopped?"