County Emergency Operation Center Updates
Schools and government offices will be open on Monday, however, county officials urge residents not to be complacent as the storm approaches. They want coastal residents to be aware of the possibility of dangerous storm surges, and to take all neccessary precautions. The Levy County EOC is working closely with the National Hurricane Center, as well as keeping a watchful eye on Fay, and will issue updates as they become available.
The EOC will issue an update at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. WCJB will be at the EOC office, and will bring you all the details on the Weekend Report.
Officials say that schools and government offices will be open Monday, but to stay tuned for any changes. No shelters have been opened, but we will post a list of available shelters here, if they are activated.
County officials are monitoring the progress of Fay, but there are no closures planned at this time.
- No bedside emergency buttons, few nurses on locked VA psych ward
- Ham Operators Ready For Emergencies
- Emergency Operation Center Hurricane Preparedness Meeting
- Grand Opening for Emergency Operations Center---In the Nick of Time
- More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- County Emergency Team Recognized as Exemplary Program
- Columbia County emergency officials check flood progress
- Counties struggle with small emergency budgets
- Governor Declares State of Emergency in Dixie County