First day of school
There is excitement in the air for thousands of students and parents who "swamped" the University of Florida's dorms today with many first- time gators.
This month the university is offering what they call Weeks of Welcome.
It's a complete month of activities and information for incoming and veteran students.
Students moving in today had plenty of reasons why they were excited to be at school...
Some mentioned independence from mom and dad. Some were excited about joining a sorority and meeting friends and just thought it was great to be a gator.
Incoming freshmen Kara Brock says, "Just being a gator in general football games i come from a huge gator family so I've been going to games since i was born basically so it's fun to be here. My parents are really excited."
For more information on the University of Florida's Weeks of Welcome visit
- First Day of High School Football Practice
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- First Day of School in North Central Florida
- Student Opens Fire at Md. High School on First Day of Classes
- First Day Of Trial in Murder of UF Student Michelle Herndon
- First Day Of Trial For Kevin Collins
- First Day for Innovation Hub at UF
- First Day of Testimony in Charles Smith Trial
- County Holds First Veteran Referral Day
- Marion Schools Make-Up Days