Organizations Receive Food From Bennigan's
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
The franchise Bennigan's may not have enough money to keep its door open for business, but it still has plenty food.
But instead of wasting its frozen and dry goods, the company which owns the building where Bennigans in Gainesville operated decided to give the food away.
Food was given to The Reichert House, Peaceful Paths, and Bread of the Mighty Food Bank.
In exchange for the free food some of the one hundred and seventy-four young people who use the program came out to help clean and pack things away.
In addition to the food the company who owns the building also gave The Reichert House a cash donation.
A representative from the company who owns the building says a new restaurant will probably open there soon.
- Where's your food coming from?
- At-Risk Kids Receive Scholarships Through Take Stock in Children Organization
- UF Journalism Organization Receives National Recognition
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Food Reimbursement From Power Outages
- Dog Rescue Group Receives $20,000 Grant from Humane Society
- Cities Will Receive Less Money From Gas Taxes
- Local Woman Receives Grant from Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America
- St. Francis House Receives Donation from Citgo
- Protecting The Body's Largest Organ