Rabbi Samuel Berman Dies
Rabbi Berman of Temple Beth Shalom in Ocala was the son of Holocaust survivors.
Berman was the Senior Chaplain for both the Ocala Police Department and Ocala Fire Rescue. He was the President of the Critical Incident Stress Management Team, which is made up of members from various agencies in Marion County including OPD, OFR, Marion County Sheriff's Office and Marion County Fire Rescue.
Berman served as President for both "The Interfaith Alliance of Marion County" and the "Greater Ocala Ministerial Association."
Berman is survived by his wife, Dale, his two children, Daniel and Alisa, and his granddaughter, Olivia.
There will be a service at noon on Friday at the Top of the World Cultural Center at 8395 SW 80th Street in Ocala.
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- Unchallenged Incumbent Confronts The Controversy by Stacey Samuel
- Falling S.T.A.R. Gets Uplift from State Legislators Stacey Samuel
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting
- 1 Dies When Canoe Capsizes in Orlando Lake
- A Legend Dies
- Former UF Agriculture Dean Larry Connor Dies
- Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Famer Bo Diddley Dies at Age 79
- William W. Irby III dies at 84
- Gainesville Developer Clark Butler Dies