Stadium Club Construction
But, if some new investors decide to take over the development, that could be changing.
Gainesville City Manager Russ Blackburn confirms that New York based developer, York & Pacific is interested in the project. If a deal is made, construction workers could be back on the job in a matter of days.
"We were visited this week by a representative of a company called YorkÂ &Â Pacific that has indicated it has the intent to buy a majority ownership of the Stadium Club building," said Blackburn.
Although the deal is not complete, Blackburn says he's been told if YorkÂ & Pacific purchases the property, the company intends to resume construction as soon as possible. But the firm would not confirm that. In a written statement, company officials simply said:
"We see a great deal of potential in the Stadium Club project. However, our interest is preliminary and investigatory at this time. Should our future involvement in the Stadium Club project become more concrete, we will be glad to comment further. Until then, it is in the best interest of the future success of Stadium Club to address our involvement as it is, merely discussing the possibilities with the current owner."
Right now, the Stadium Club is set to house both high-dollar condos and some retail shops, but Blackburn says YorkÂ & Pacific officials would like to reduce the number of condos and add office space to the floor plans.
WCJB called the Stadium Club's current owner and developer Sharon Stock, and she said, "I can't talk to you right now. I'm in the middle of a meeting," and then she hung up. She did not return our other calls.
- First Business Opens Up at Roberts Stadium Club
- Roberts' Stadium Club, Almost There
- Stadium Club Condos Behind Schedule
- Shrine club teams up with train club to help kids
- Commissioners Delay Yankee Stadium Referendum
- Bigger in Texas: Gators Prepare for AT&T Stadium
- Renovations at UF Stadium
- Billionaire Canadian building football stadium in Marion County
- Disaster Response Team Practices in UF Football Stadium
- New Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Information