On Anniversary of Attack in Iraq, Wounded Soldier Recalls Memory and Starting Life Anew
It's an image of Iraq that has become all too familiar, dark plumes of smoke from roadside bombs. A year later Mixson sits at his computer watching the video taken of his attack, in real time, describing comfortably how members of his unit saved his life. He survived, but four others in his vehicle did not. The attack claimed his legs, both have been amputated.
Everyday Mixson says he remembers the men who served by his side, today he will call the families of the men he says became his brothers.
- Repairing Emotional Wounds: Going Back to Iraq
- Local Soldier Killed in Iraq
- Al Qaida Claims Responsibility for Iraq Attacks
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Guardsmen Leave for Training, Prepare for Iraq
- Iraq War Veteran Getting A Home Makeover
- Accused Orlando Shooter Denied Bond, Five Wounded Are in Stable Condition
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- Teen Wounded in Misfire
- Despite Being Wounded, They Bike On