On Anniversary of Attack in Iraq, Wounded Soldier Recalls Memory and Starting Life Anew
It's an image of Iraq that has become all too familiar, dark plumes of smoke from roadside bombs. A year later Mixson sits at his computer watching the video taken of his attack, in real time, describing comfortably how members of his unit saved his life. He survived, but four others in his vehicle did not. The attack claimed his legs, both have been amputated.
Everyday Mixson says he remembers the men who served by his side, today he will call the families of the men he says became his brothers.
- Repairing Emotional Wounds: Going Back to Iraq
- Local Soldier Killed in Iraq
- Memorial for Fallen Iraq War Veterans Unveiled
- Attacks Kill 13 in Iraq
- Al Qaida Claims Responsibility for Iraq Attacks
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- 10 Year Anniversary of Local Serviceman's Death in Iraq
- Guardsmen Leave for Training, Prepare for Iraq
- Iraq War Veteran Getting A Home Makeover
- Margarita-ville Bash For Wounded Warriors