C.B. Daniel's Family Speaks
The loss of distinguished community leader C.B. Daniel is being felt by all who knew and respected him.
Daniel grew up in Ocala, with only a little more than a pair of shared shoes and a few dollars, his son, Brad Daniel, said. He also said he remembers spending a lot of his childhood volunteering with his father at places like the United Way and the Girl's Club.
A business executive and community leader, Daniel was actively involved in community service until the end of his life. Among his active commitments to the community, Daniel served on the board of directors for the Boy's Club.
â€œHe saw the inequity for children in this community,â€ said Renae Clements of the Girl's Club of Alachua County. â€œHe wanted to have equity for girls and have a building for girls.â€
A memorial service will be held Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the Trinity United Methodist Church. Daniel died from cancer-related complications. He was 69 years old.
- Family Speaks About Marine's Death
- Deadly Crash Victims' Family Speaks Out
- Beaten Elderly Man's Family Speaks About His Recovery
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- Dealing with Depression
- Jobs Growing In Gainesville
- Family Speaks Out on Inmate Death in Ocala
- Ferrero Family Speaks to Board of Pharmacy
- Family Speaks Out Against Taser Use
- Family Speaks of Loss on Bullying Awareness Day