Coffee Makers Recalled by Sears
ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - The following is an important recall notice from the Alachua County Department of Public Safety:
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Sears Roebuck and Kmart, has announced a voluntary recall of Kenmore and Kenmore Elite Coffee Makers. Consumers should immediately stop using the coffee makers and take them to their nearest Sears or Kmart store to obtain a free replacement coffee maker. The wiring in the coffee maker can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards to consumers.
This recall involves 12-cup Kenmore coffee makers sold in black, white, and red with the following model numbers: 100.80006 (black), 100.81006 (white), and 100.82006 (red). The recall also involves 12-cup Kenmore Elite coffee makers with thermal carafe (model number 100.90007) and 14-cup Kenmore Elite coffee makers (model number 100.90006). The model number can be found on the bottom of the unit. There is a Kenmore or Kenmore Elite logo on the front bottom of the maker.
The coffee makers were sold at Sears, Sears Hardware, the great indoors, and Kmart stores nationwide, as well as Sears.com and Kmart.com, from August 2007 through April 2008 for between $30 and $100. About 145,000 have been sold.
Sears has received 20 reports of coffee makers overheating, including 12 fires, causing damage to counter tops, cabinet damage, and plastic melting on the floor. No injuries have been reported.
For additional information, contact Sears at 1-800-978-7615 between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday, or visit the following Web sites: www.sears.com, www.kmart.com, or www.thegreatindoors.com.
- Trouble-makers in Bars Beware!
- Sears Holdings Launches Center of Excellence
- Sears Helping "Heroes at Home"
- Coffee Beans, Source of New High Among Teens
- Local Non-Profit Opens Coffee Shop To Help Vets
- Gainesville coffee shop victim of GRU phone scam
- Coffee shop reopens after suspected burglars slam car into building
- Man arrested after severely burning a teenager with hot coffee
- Obama Threat Maker in Court
- Sears Severs Ties with Paula Deen