Confrontation at Elementary Student pick up line
He says all he wanted was for parents picking up their kids from school to stop blocking his driveway.
but what he did about it landed him in jail.
It was a typical day in the parent pick up line until 38 year old John Kasten blocked the driveway in front of 64 year old Lawrence Hart's home.
A confrontation started and Hart grabbed a two by four board and swung it around.
Kasten says he got out of the truck and grabbed a rake from the back while telling his four year old son in the truck to duck down.
Sargeant Angy Scroble with the Ocala Police Department says, "Mr. Hart...The suspect went back into his house...stating this isn't over. They never saw any other weapon, they simply saw him tucking something into the back of his pants which caused some fear.
Witnesses in the car line thought it might have been a gun and called the police. Hart was arrested and faces charges of aggravated assault and burglary for taking the board from the truck.
- Elementary School Students Learn About Bike Safety
- 300 UF Students Volunteer At Gainesville Elementary Schools
- UF Students Make-over Duval Elementary
- Alachua Elementary Students Honor Veterans
- Students At Local Elementary School Receive A Different Lesson
- Unchallenged Incumbent Confronts The Controversy by Stacey Samuel
- Gainesville Man Confronts Burglar
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools