Mosquito population increases
Thanks to rain brought in by Tropical Storm Fay last month, some parts of North Central Florida are itching from a "hatch-off" in mosquitoes.
Kellie Etherson, of Gainesville's Mosquito Control Department, says that's why you might see a mosquito control truck spray in you neighborhood.
She says the spray is water-based and that there is a "do not spray" list available for those with allergies or adverse reactions.
- Alachua County Sees Increase in Homeless Population
- Prison Populations Almost Half African American Males
- Census Officials Aim for "Hard to Count" Populations
- Florida's Hispanic Population Growing
- Fireworks Display Triples Small-Town Population
- Counting Gainesville's Homeless Population
- Mosquito Problems
- Mosquitos Invade Gilchrist County?
- Mosquito Season Is Here
- Spraying for Mosquitoes Continues in Gainesville