Ocala City Manager Talks about Ocala's Future
The new city manager has been in office for only two weeks now but the city of Ocala may soon be noticing some changes.
His top priorities are developing the 800 acres of airport property zoned for commercial, light industrial, and residential development.
Redeveloping downtown also tops the list.
He plans on working to control utility cost in order to make Ocala an attractive and competitive place for business.
City Manager Ricky Horst says,
"Sometimes you really do have to build it and they will come when it comes to jobs you have to do that the market is so competitive."
Horst has put together a task force to focus on these long term economic goals.
He says his focus will be on making sure infrastructure is in place on the airport property so that interested businesses will be able to come to Ocala on their time.
- Ocala's Downtown City Walk Project
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- Renovations for Ocala's Performing Arts Conservatory
- Ocala's "King of Crack" is Dethroned
- A Tour of Ocala's Most Haunted Places
- Ocala's International Thoroughbred Apprenticeship
- Ocala's New Power Plant
- Ocala's Culinary Combat
- Ocala's New Roads to Be Named
- Ocala's Winter Wonderland