Poverty Challenge Kicks Off Monday
The Challenge starts this Monday with the relatively simple task of keeping track of food costs and other expenses; participants spend the next two days trying to meet basic needs on a daily allowance of just under $10 after the costs of housing, utilities and clothing.
The Poverty Challenge leads up to the Gainesville/Alachua County Hunger Summit on Thursday, Sept. 18. The summit begins at 8:30am at the Martin Luther King Activity Center, 1028 NE 14th St., in Gainesville. Registration begins at 7:30, and the event is free and open to the public.
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Trail Life USA Kicks Off
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- Science Fair Kicks Off in Ocala
- Alachua Co. Kicks Off New State Ed Program
- SEC Football Preview Kicks Off
- Gator Jazz and Blues Festival Kicks Off Homecoming Weekend
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Kick off Summer with Festive Decorations
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday