Russian Judge Visit
This week the open world program is hosting some very special vistors...they come from Russia to learn the structure of the U.S. Federal Court System. They are also site seeing and staying with host families in Gainesvile.
"Florida really swept us away its such a beautiful place."
The judges are a part of the open world program, an organization that seeks to enhance cooperation and understanding between the U.S. and Russia as well as the former Soviet Republics.
"Open world brings leaders from Russia and other former soviet republics to the US to give them first hand experience of how our democracy and legal system and economic and political system work."
In this court room the delegates and judges from Russia will learn the structure and function of American Law. The desired goal is to better the relations between both countries.
"They are very informative we learn about the judicial system of the States and for us as professionals it is of great use."
The Open World Program has over 25 years of experience hosting various groups from Russia. This week the judges will participate in a variety of events from meeting with a U.S. District Judge to discussion of legal education with University of Florida law students.
- Parents of Russian Child Speak Out Against New Adoption Ban
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case
- Judge Denies Zimmerman Deffense Motion to Push Back Trial Date
- Murder Suspect Appears In Front Of Judge
- McMurrian to Judge Florida Power & Light Case
- Lawtey Family Busted For Meth Lab Faces Judge
- Two Prominent Alachua County Judges Step Down
- American Idol Judge Comes To Ocala
- Judge Makes Ruling in Reddick Animal Hoarding Case
- Students Cater Judge Groeb's Investiture Reception