Sarah Palin To Make Appearance At The Villages
The line wrapped around the square about three times, with people waiting as early as 7 a.m. Friday for tickets to see Sarah Palin at The Villages.
At The Villages 16,000 tickets were handed out, but that only accounts for half of the crowd that's expected for the vice-presidential candidate's Sunday appearance. Thousands of tickets were also handed out in other parts of Florida.
Annie Marie Delgado, president of the Greater Ocala Republican Club, said the last estimated turn out she got was over 30,000.
As preparations began, so did the excitement in the crowd of people waiting for Palin tickets.
â€œShe can see what needs to be done, what changes need to be done and she's not afraid to do it,â€ Villages resident Beverly List said.
The gates open at 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Event organizers are urging people to show up early because there will be standing room only. They said things like chairs and umbrellas should be left at home. Organizers believe that this event will bring more people to The Villages than even an appearance by President Bush.
- GOVERNOR SARAH PALIN IN OCALA
- Triple Murder Suspect Makes First Appearance
- Gov. Rick Scott Makes Appearance at Annual GOP Fundraiser
- Teen Makes First Court Appearance for Dunnellon Murder
- Suspect Makes First Court Appearance After Fatally Stabbing Gainesville Man
- Venomous snake apprentice Ian Nesmith, makes his first court appearance
- Aaron Hernandez Makes Court Appearance
- Sarah Maynard Wants To Be A Gator
- DCF Releases Past History with Sarah Spirit and Her Children, Funerals Held Today
- Remembering Sarah Landauer