Truck Driver Who Hit Bus On Phone
A late-afternoon bus crash claimed the life of a 13-year-old student in Marion County Tuesday. Wednesday, students faced school one student short.
A Marion County public school bus carrying 21 students from North Marion Middle and High schools was rear ended around 4 pm Wednesday. It burst into flames claiming the life of 13-year old Frances Schee.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say school bus 9601 stopped southbound on US Highway 301 with its flashers and stop signs out, when a semi plowed into the back of it.
North Marion Middle School had flags at half mast Wednesday morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the tractor trailer driver was not paying close attention and ran into the back of the school bus. They say the driver admitted he was on the phone around the time of the crash. FHP will subpoena the records from the cell phone company.
Two other students were critically injured, and a total of 6 other students were transported to a local hospital. The drivers of the truck and the bus were also taken to the hospital.
- Kid Who Hit FedEx Truck Gets New Bike
- Private School Bus Company Meets with Bus Drivers
- Sleep Deprivation Leads to Vehicular Homicide and Caution for Truck Drivers
- Ice Cream Truck Driver Escapes Attempted Robbery
- Truck Plunges Into Payne's Prarie, Driver missing
- Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- Motorcyclist Dies After Being Hit By Semi-Truck
- Lake Weir Middle School Student Hit By Truck, Dies