Each year... 17-hundred people are killed in alcohol related incidents. Because of that Santa Fe College put on a special program today as part of National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week
Members of the Gainesville Police... Alachua County Sheriff's Office... Highway Patrol... and Sante Fe College police were there to make sure that students know the dangers of alcohol.
Today's event was themed "U Decide"... and is meant to help educate college students on not only the legal risks of alcohol... but also the academic risks.
"Around the country thousands of colleges and universities want to make the campus aware of the dangers of drinking and driving. We're doing a pledge to be safe while you drink."
Organizers also added that statistics show about 70 percent of college students nationwide don't ever experience problems due alcohol use.
- Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity
- NTSB: DUI Limit Should Be Lowered to 0.05% Blood-Alcohol Level
- Gainesville Police Try To Crack Down On Underage Alcohol Sales
- Sunday Alcohol Sales
- Alcoholic Rage Could Be To Blame For Murder
- Joining Forces for Alcohol Enforcement
- Stiffer Penalties for Businesses Caught Selling Alcohol to Underage Customers
- Twenty Four Students Report Alcohol Abuse at UF
- Rape Suspect Blames Alcohol For His Behavior
- Man Arrested After Underage Grandkids Found With Alcohol