Debate Competition Heats Up.
Its going to be tough to get a word in edgewise this weekend at UF.
Two thousand high school elocutionists have flocked to the University of Florida for a special competition. It's the florida blue key speech and debate tournament, and it's the fourth largest tournament in the country, bringing in teens from as far away as Pennsylvania and Texas in 12 events... like extemporaneous speaking, student congress, and drama.
This marks the 25th year for the tournament, but organizers say it's not just about doing well, it's about succeeding in the future.
For more, click the video link...
- Debate Over College Tuition at Public Universties Heats Up
- Blood Drive Draws Friendly Competition Among Rival Universities
- Gainesville Students National Champs in Medical Competition
- Glee Competition
- 12th Annual Florida Lineman Competition
- Local Special Olympic Athletes Win Five Medals in Equestrian Competition
- Emergency Workers Compete Head to Head in EMS Competition
- Local High School Bands Make It To State Competitions
- Start-Up Horse Competition In Ocala
- Marion County SWAT Team Wins Competition