Early Voting Numbers
A week before the election, early voter turnout is strong in North Central Florida.
More than 27,000 votes have been tallied at the three early voting sites in Alachua County so far.
The number of early votes at the downtown location surpassed 500.
Long lines outside have been the norm... but once inside voters say the process speeds up.
"It was real quick. There was a bunch of people at the tables. Everything just kept moving and moving. There were multiple voting places so it was real nice and quick."
This afternoon... Governor Charlie Crist issued an executive order to extend early voting hours.
The polls are open from 7:00am to 7:00pm now thru Friday... and election offices will be open a total of 12 hours combined on Saturday and Sunday
- Early Voting Ended, Today's The Day To Vote
- Early Voting Gainesville
- Early Voting For Alachua County
- Early Voters In North Central Florida
- Early Voting Starts Monday March 11th
- Florida Voters Head To Polls Early
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Florida Ranked Number One in Identity Theft
- Consumer Confidence Numbers Are In