GHS Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship With Student
A teacher at Gainesville High School is in custody tonight accused of carrying on a sexual relationship with a minor.
According to the Gainesville Police Dept. it was parental discovery that brought the alleged relationship to authorities yesterday. 25 -year-old Kenneth Alaimo --a third year history teacher and soccer coach --is now at the Alachua County Jail.
According to the victim she met Alaimo in March of this year and has allegedly been carrying on a sexual relationship with him since April at his apartment.
The Alachua County School Board is working with law enforcement in the investigation, but say that Alaimo had no prior criminal history. Jackie Johnson, Alachua County School Board Spokesperson, said, "The teacher has been removed from the classroom and has been placed on administrative leave while we investigate."
The School Board says extensive background checks are done of all employees. Authorities say Alaimo had no prior criminal history.
First appearance is set for Thursday morning when bond will be set.
- UF student arrested after sexually battering another student
- North Central Florida man in jail after months-long sexual relationship with minor
- Teacher arrested for sex with student
- Associate Dean of UF Dental College Demoted For Relationship With Student
- Third Allegation of Sexual Assault Lands Live Oak Couple in Suwannee Jail
- Fire chief resigns after allegations of sexual harassment
- Teacher Allegedly Involved in Soliciting Minor For Sex
- Teacher Arrested for Sending Pictures to Student
- Former Teacher Faces More Counts Of Sexual Assault
- Francis Marion Sticks to Policies Following Teacher's Sexual Battery Conviction