Gun at UF Library
A scare on the University Of Florida campus has a man behind bars on gun charges.
Today, University Police arrested 35-year old Ernest Booker on charges of possession of a gun on campus...and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
Police say they were called to library west on a report of a suspicious man in the building.
When authorities arrived, they found an inhaler and a 22 caliber pistol in his pocket.
Booker who is a convicted felon in Illinois..was detained by University Police and is now being held in the Alachua county jail without bond.
Its unknown why he was in the library.
AN INHALER AND A 22 CALIBER PISTOL IN HIS POCKET.
BOOKER WHO IS A CONVICTED FELON IN ILLINOIS..WAS DETAINED BY UNIVERSITY POICE AND IS NOW BEING HELD IN THE ALACHUA COUNTY JAIL WITHOUT BOND.
ITS UNKNOWN WHY HE WAS IN THE LIBRARY.
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Libraries and the Economy
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
- Friends of the Library Book Sale Starts Saturday
- Millhopper Branch Library Set to Reopen Friday
- Libraries Offering Free Homework Help
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Law Library Moves to New Location and New Managment
- Sesame Street SuperHeroes Greet Fans at Library