The Haunted Hotel
Gabriel Brown drove all the way from Leesburg to check out The Seven Sisters Inn. He heard the bed and breakfast was going to be featured tonight on ghost hunters...a cable television show. He says he's the type of person.... who has to see it to believe it.
"I don't believe that it's somebody that passed on here but I do believe that these spirits apparently find something very interesting about this place and decided to stay."
Inn owners Bonnie Morehardt and Ken Oden say this 120-year old building is haunted. they've owned the building for 18 years and they say they're not the only ones who have seen or heard things go bump in the night...their guests have too. She says the ghosts aren't evil but more like mischievous.
Morehardt says it's not the house that's haunted...but the land where the house sits
â€œThis land seems to be where there used to be a hospital and a triage set up during the Seminole and Indian War, and we are on Fort King Street. At the end of Fort King Street is a Fort...with very few little remains and a memorial was set up this year to honor thatâ€
Eleanor Graham of Ocala stopped by to check out the inn...hoping to run into one of the permanent guests.
It would just be wonderful, I would love to see or feel a sensation, I think it would be terrific.
As for Morehardt she says...she's not a wee-gie board person or into reading tarot cards but she does believe in energies...and just because you don't see something, doesn't necessarily mean...it's not there.
- A Tour of Ocala's Most Haunted Places
- Hotel Financial Trouble
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- Former Employee Claims Paramount Plaza Hotel Fired Her For Speaking Up About Bed Bugs
- Williston to Study Feasibility of Bringing New Hotel to City
- Bed Bug Problem at Gainesville Hotel
- Hotels Not Completely Booked For Kick-Off Game
- Controversy Over Gainesville Hotel & Conference Center Over?
- Plan to House Homeless Veterans in Hotel Brings Oppostition
- More Opposition to Hotel for Homeless Veterans