Rain or shine, still thousands of gator fans came out today to watch the homecoming parade Friday afternoon. Huddling under her umbrella, Cindy Willming would not let the rain ruin her spirit. She has been going for five years.
"We are here because we are huge gator gans we never miss an event we love it we would not miss it," she said.
The floats included firetrucks, cheerleaders, and even Star Wars figures. The rain also did not stop your home team from being at the parade and waving to the crowds.
Dressed in ponchos, everyone wanted to be a part of the parade. For more on this story please see video:
- Stars of the UF Homecoming Parade
- 2009 Homecoming Parade Highlights
- After 62 Years of Uncertainty Korean War Veterans Gets Homecoming
- Happy Homecoming
- Homecoming for a Gainesville Hero
- Homecoming Week Kicks Off For Gator Nation
- Happy Homecoming for Gainesville Soldier
- Soldier Makes Surprise Homecoming At Sister's Softball Game
- Gator Jazz and Blues Festival Kicks Off Homecoming Weekend
- Parade of Homes