A family was thrown out into the cold this morning when their home burned down. Neighbors called 911, reporting there was a fire coming from the window of a house on ninth place in Southeast Gainesville
The two bedroom home was a total loss.
A mother in her 70's and her son were inside at the time of the fire but were able to get out.
When rescue arrived they were able to contain the fire to just the house and put it out within eleven minutes.
"Although the house was a total loss, the best thing out of this is, both people did make it without losing their life and they are transported to the hospital and they are receiving treatment for their injuries."
The mother and son suffered smoke inhalation injuries. The mom is still being treated at the hospital.
Two firefighters were hurt also.
Firefighters blame the fire on faulty electrical wiring.
- Four Dead Following House Fire , Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Feast at the Fire House
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- Belleview House Fire
- Deadly House Fire
- Early Morning House Fire
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- House of Hope Exec. Dir. Thomas Johnson Fired
- Drug Agents Respond to Residential Fire, Find Marijuana Grow House