A family was thrown out into the cold this morning when their home burned down. Neighbors called 911, reporting there was a fire coming from the window of a house on ninth place in Southeast Gainesville
The two bedroom home was a total loss.
A mother in her 70's and her son were inside at the time of the fire but were able to get out.
When rescue arrived they were able to contain the fire to just the house and put it out within eleven minutes.
"Although the house was a total loss, the best thing out of this is, both people did make it without losing their life and they are transported to the hospital and they are receiving treatment for their injuries."
The mother and son suffered smoke inhalation injuries. The mom is still being treated at the hospital.
Two firefighters were hurt also.
Firefighters blame the fire on faulty electrical wiring.
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Four Dead Following House Fire, Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Local family loses everything in house fire, seeking community support
- House fire in Suwannee County
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- Feast at the Fire House
- House in Hawthorne Catches on Fire
- Lightning Starts House Fire
- Man Dies in Citra House Fire