Marion County Murder
A man from Marion County was killed after he answered a knock at his front door.
Shortly after 6 p-m in Northwest Ocala... detectives say they found a man dead from a gunshot wound to the back.
Maria SILVA OF Ocala just found out that her neighbor of two years 45-year old Marvin Wilkerson died of a gunshot wound to the back. and the implications hit very close to home for her.
"I thought we were in a safe place...(begins to cry)I'm sorry."
Deputies say his wife Deborah Wilkerson heard the doorbell ring and looked out to see who it was. not recognizing the people out front-- she told her husband to answer it.
Deputies say she heard the suspects say something about "dog food"-- and then there were gunshots.
"We know that the owner had dogs and that he had a large number of dogs at his residence. At this point we are investigating that. We round-tabled this case earlier this morning with multiple detectives."
Deputies say Deborah Wilkerson escaped the home by jumping through a bedroom window-- she then got help from a neighbor. investigators say two black men, one possibly with dreadlocks, were seen leaving the home in a white four door vehicle. that's the only description Deputies have to go on.
Silva says to the news-- she hopes the ones responsible are caught soon... so justice can be served and so she can get back a little of her peace of mind.
- Citra Murder Suspect Apprehended, Given No Bond
- Marion County man arrested for murder
- Marion County Murder Suspect Captured
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Attempted Murder Trial Pushed Back, Defense Not Ready
- Murder Suspect Breaks Down in Court
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Marion County Murder Suspect On The Loose
- Elderly Woman Found Murdered in Her Home
- New Details in Summerfield Murder