More Flex Days For Alachua County
The Alachua County School Board is adding more â€œFlex Daysâ€ to the school schedule for next year.
Since the 2004 hurricane season, three flex days have been set aside for make-up days. Now, the district will allow for six days, because there is always the possibility for more storms late in the seasons, they said.
Specific dates have been set aside as days to be used first, and parents and teachers will be able to see these days in advance on the district calendar.
At the beginning of this school year, Tropical Storm Fay has already taken up two of the three flex days for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Fathers Flex Their Muscles at Field Day Event
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Less Money, More Problems...Alachua County Budget
- More Options to House Homeless Veterans in Alachua County
- More Chickens in Alachua County
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- Alachua County Celebrates National Provider Appreciation Day
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools
- Alachua County Students React to President's School Day Speech
- Alachua County Safety Day