The PBA recognized twenty-three people for their bravery and commitment Saturday afternoon. And for the majority of these people this event symbolized a certain unity and brotherhood that connected all four agencies.
For Brett Gill prayer was the answer for today's special occassion. He received an award for his bravery. This past summer he saved one woman's life-- and he was off duty. The woman was trapped in a car that caught on fire. He says it was God's calling for him to be there.
At the BBQ it didn't matter which agency the officers serve. As long as their colleagues, family, and friends were there to celebrate this moment of brotherhood with them. For more on this story please see video:
- Local PBA Endorses Poltiical Candidates
- PBA Supports Officers Involved In Adu-Brempong Shooting
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands
- Santa Fe wins four national awards
- Florida Jury Awards $1.2 Billion in Negligence Case
- Deputy Robert Lundy Awarded Florida Sheriff's AssociatIon Law Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- Veterans Awards Night
- Alachua County Wins National Awards
- City's Underage Drinking Ordinance Gets Award