Levy County Schools has a new tool to help students learn English... computer software called Rosetta Stone.
In previous years, students would be on the outside looking in... trying to pick up everything they could in a normal classroom.
Teachers can also use the software to target specific parts of the Sunshine State Standards.
But the most important endorsement comes from the students who use it.
Ivonne Diaz says students usually spend three to six years in the English as a second language program.
She hopes Rosetta stone can knock off a year or two.
- Stone Memorial Offensive To Resident
- Made In America- Creating Jobs that are Set in Stone
- Tree Trimmers Cast Stones in Customer's Backyard
- Medical Spotlight 5/9/11 "Kidney Stones"
- Light Shed on Aaron Hernandez Case Thanks to Rolling Stone Article
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Eat Local Challenge Promotes Local Economy