Today, the man convicted of a murder two years ago at a Gainesville construction site was sentenced for his crime.
28-Year old Frank Salonko stood before a judge in the Alachua County Court room as he was sentenced for the 2006 murder of Erik Schultz.
Salonko was fired from his job as a construction worker at Portofino subdivision in Southwest Gainesville... but when he went to the construction site for his final paycheck, he shot Schultz, the uncle of the man who fired him.
Salonko's father was in court for the sentencing and says he is standing by his son.
"The sentence I think was wrong. We're going to have another trial. We've Already filed for an appeal and we will have another trial."
Salonko was also sentenced to another five years for an aggravated assault charge stemming from the same incident.
- Ocala Murder Sentencing
- Gregory Dove is sentenced for murder
- Snipes Sentenced for Tax Evasion
- Hartley Sentencing
- Crawford Trial Sentencing Begins
- Family of 20 Year Old Sentenced to Death Speaks Out
- Wright Sentenced
- Wright Sentencing
- State Rep Sentenced for Solicitation of Sex
- John Couey Sentencing Latest