Some call it a round of promotions ... Sheriff Darnell calls it a reorganization. Either way, it's causing some controversy.
This is the memo Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell sent to all of her employees to explain the recent changes. She says that she reorganized the Sheriff's office by promoting two captains to Major and one Lieutenant to Captain ... at a total cost of less than twenty seven thousand-dollars per year.
An anonymous email sent to both WCJB and the Sheriff's office claims that the new positions will actually cost upwards of eighty thousand-dollars ... Darnell disagrees ...
"People who don't have the total picture and aren't forward thinking are gonna make it into their own personal vendetta - whatever they want to make it out to be and I think that's what's happened here."
Sheriff Darnell has appeared before the County Commission nine times over the past year to ask for raises for her entire staff.
She hasn't had any luck, but says that she'll continue trying.
- Athletes, Families Weigh Security Concerns Amid Sochi Terror Threats
- Proposed City Ordinance Has Business Owners Concerned
- Gainesville Residents Voice Concerns at Cabot-Kopper Site Meeting
- Progress Energy Customers Voice Concerns Over Rate Hike
- Union Rep Concerned Over Auditors
- Dangerous Dog Ordinance Raises Concerns
- Contaminated Seafood A Growing Concern After BP Oil Spill
- Crime Spree Has Gaineville Businesses Concerned
- EPA Hears Concerns Over Koppers Cleanup
- Mayors Letter To The City Concerning Dove