Some call it a round of promotions ... Sheriff Darnell calls it a reorganization. Either way, it's causing some controversy.
This is the memo Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell sent to all of her employees to explain the recent changes. She says that she reorganized the Sheriff's office by promoting two captains to Major and one Lieutenant to Captain ... at a total cost of less than twenty seven thousand-dollars per year.
An anonymous email sent to both WCJB and the Sheriff's office claims that the new positions will actually cost upwards of eighty thousand-dollars ... Darnell disagrees ...
"People who don't have the total picture and aren't forward thinking are gonna make it into their own personal vendetta - whatever they want to make it out to be and I think that's what's happened here."
Sheriff Darnell has appeared before the County Commission nine times over the past year to ask for raises for her entire staff.
She hasn't had any luck, but says that she'll continue trying.
- Neighbors voice concerns after corrections office shot, killed in driveway
- Rumored school shooting leaves parents concerned in Marion County
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- ASO Major to be demoted for failure to supervise
- Athletes, Families Weigh Security Concerns Amid Sochi Terror Threats
- Alachua County parents concerned over new state education bill
- Publix salad recalled over listeria concerns
- Bus stop concerns for parents in Marion County
- $30,000.00 burglary concerns truck drivers in Marion County