If you voted early you could have had a free lunch at the Downtown Plaza. The 4A's hosted a BBQ for early voters, especially African American voters, to get them to vote and embrace this election.
According to one city commissioner, in 2004, 600 thousand African Americans in Florida did not vote. But this year we are seeing a major difference.
There is one catch however to Sunday's event, the republicans say there was not a chair at the table for them. For more on this story please see video:
- Voter Registration Deadline Draws Future Voters
- More than 50,000 Dead People on Florida Voters List
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Doc Rivers Helps Register Voters
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Voter Registration Deadline For Primary Election Right Around The Corner
- Some Voters Turned Away
- Local Voters on Primary Redo
- Voters with Disabilities
- Voter Fraud in Chiefland?