Walk Your Kids To School
A group of elementary kids and their parents had an unusual trip to school this morning. they got together to celebrate "International Walk Our Children To School Day."
"all over the world, kids are coming together with dignitaries, law enforcement officers, teachers and community leaders -- and they're walking to school."
Anita Kinsler, organizer of "International Walk Our Children To School Day," says they set up scenarios to give the kids an opportunity to use safety precautions ... like ...
"Look both ways to cross the street."
â€œDon't talk to strangers.â€
â€œStay away from suspicious vehicles..â€
Organizers say that it was the eighth annual event for Marion County Schools.Each year, a different elementary school participates.
- Walk To School Day
- Bud Chiles Walks "One Million Steps for Florida's Kids"
- 5/20/13 Fitzness Minute: Amp up your Walks
- Wellness Walks Program Combating Obesity In Alachua County
- A Walk to Remember for Newberry High School Grad
- Kindergartener Walks Away From School
- National Walk to School Day
- How Safe Is the Walk To School?
- Children Learn of Possible Dangers when Walking to School
- 'Dads Take Your Kids to School Day' is a huge success at a local school