Wife Arrested for Elderly Abuse
She was his caretaker for months before vowing to take care of him forever.
Soon after the vows were said,investigators say, that care turned into hostility.
Ninety two year old Philip Johnson talked proudly of his service in the military and of his 60 year marriage to his first wife.
His voice remained strong even when talking about his second wife, 53 year old Sari Rose Johnson.
She's behind bars facing charges of abuse and neglect.
Philip Johnson says, "After the verbal abuse, you know, you don't do that to a person that you love."
Marion County spokesperson Jenifer Fisher says,
"Evidently the suspect would go into the victim's room in the middle of the night and scream and scold him and keep him awake throughout the night. Also, she was keeping the temperature uncomfortably cold for him."
The sheriff's office says over 100 thousand dollars of Philip Johnson's money is gone, but as of yet, Sari Johnson has not been charged.
Sari Johnson is being held without bond.
- Elderly Abuse On The Rise
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Woman Abuses Elderly Parents
- Arrested For Running String Elderly Care Facilities
- Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested