3 Dead After Plane Crashes In Northeast Gainesville
A plane crash in Northeast Gainesville claimed the lives of three South Florida residents early Friday morning.
Gainesville police received a phone call from a state watch point at 5:16 a.m. Stating that they had lost contact with a six-person private aircraft. A few hours later, debris from the plane crash was discovered.
â€œAt approximately 7:09 we received a 911 call once again to our communications center stating that air personnel had found what they believed to be a debris field,â€ Officer Summer Hallett said.
All three passengers on the plane were killed. The pilot, Andrew Ricciuti, was flying his friend Gordon Bennett Taylor and Taylor's wife Barbara to Gainesville because Gordon was scheduled for a kidney transplant at Shands at UF.
- One Dead in Plane Crash
- Two Planes Crash In Williston; Three People Dead
- Deadly Plane Crash in Marion County
- Deadly Plane Crash in New Smyrna
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- All Four People Confirmed Dead on Plane Leaving from Gainesville
- Plane Crashes In Gainesville
- Plane Departs from Gainesville, Crashes in Everglades
- Two People Dead After A Crash On I-75
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash