This several million dollar investment has many residents wondering if this project should be the County Commission's priority.
Kim McCall, a soon-to-be Haile resident, represented those who have made up their mind. They don't think a bicycle trail to the University of Florida is that necessary.
The bicycle trail is called Archer Broad. It could eventually link Haile Plantation across I-75 to the University of Florida and Shands. Transportation planners say that just a portion of this trail would cost an estimated 1.5 to 2 million dollars. One transportation planner heading this project says that the trail will create some healthy change. For more on this story please see video:
- Archer Residents Voice their Concerns on the Archer Braid Trail
- City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
- Public Speaks Out About Archer Braid Trail
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Archer Braid Trail, Officially Open To Public
- Traffic Alternatives for Archer Road
- Cows On Archer Road
- Sludge in Archer
- Median Closures Coming to Archer Road