Brasington Honored By Rotary Club
The founder of Gainesville's Brasington Cadillac-Saab was honored Tuesday with a special award from the Rotary Club.
John T. Brasington retired last month after being in the car industry for 70 years. The 96-year-old has been an active member of the Gainesville community as well. He served 39 years on the Alachua County Zoning Board, and also served on boards of the Alachua General Hospital and local banks. But, after selling thousands of Cadillacs, he said his best achievement was the dealership. He has sold cars to gangsters, politicians and stars, like Elvis Presley.
"I know a lot of good stories. I have been around here a long time," he said.
- Gainesville's Rotary Club Will Be Cooking Up Some Wild Game For Disadvantaged Kids
- Swingers Club Busted in Marion County
- Fire at Paddock Club Apartments
- Club Owner Shot
- Cutting the Club
- More Time for SE Club
- Gainesville Woman's Club Coat Drive
- Gator Swim Club Coach Faces Child Sex Charges
- Boys and Girls Club Wins Award
- School Faces Lawsuit After Rejecting "Gay- Straight" Club on Campus