Brasington Honored By Rotary Club
The founder of Gainesville's Brasington Cadillac-Saab was honored Tuesday with a special award from the Rotary Club.
John T. Brasington retired last month after being in the car industry for 70 years. The 96-year-old has been an active member of the Gainesville community as well. He served 39 years on the Alachua County Zoning Board, and also served on boards of the Alachua General Hospital and local banks. But, after selling thousands of Cadillacs, he said his best achievement was the dealership. He has sold cars to gangsters, politicians and stars, like Elvis Presley.
"I know a lot of good stories. I have been around here a long time," he said.
- Stadium Club Condos Behind Schedule
- Gainesville Club Promoter Released from Jail
- While Rebuilding, D-B Racquet Club Is Open For Business
- Stadium Club Construction
- Math Club May Suffer Because of Rezoning
- The Girls Club of Alachua County
- Swingers Club Busted in Marion County
- Fire at Paddock Club Apartments
- Club Owner Shot
- Cutting the Club