Earlier today in Southwest Gainesville a free training session took place for victims advocates and other workers of crime victims.
Over the next two weeks... The National Center For Victims Of Crime is Traveling through Florida to train advocates on what crime victims can do if they want civil justice. they received booklets to give to victims so they can better understand their rights.
"Many of these people work for government agencies and non profits and their funds are limited and we just think it's so important to get the information out so when they are talking to victims they say, you know you may have a civil case too, you may want to talk to an attorney."
The National Center For Victims Of Crime hopes that four to five hundred advocates will receive training by the Florida Tour.
- Last Candidates Forum Before Election
- Rep. Ted Yoho Talks About Key Issues At A Town Hall Forum
- 4-A's Host Candidate Forum
- Gainesville Commission At-Large Candidates Focus on GRU at Final 4A Forum
- 4A's Do Not Endorse Any Candidate in Final Forum Before Election Day
- Biomass Concerns Dominate Candidate Forum for Gainesville City Commission
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Gainesville Mayoral Candidates Debate DUIs, Biomass at 4A Forum
- Braddy Attends Democratic Black Caucus Forum While Lowe Attends Fundraiser
- Mental Health Forum