Deadly House Fire
A Marion County woman is dead after the mobile home she was living in caught fire. Marion County Fire Rescue officials say-- late the other night they received a 9-1-1 call about a structure fire in the Little Lake Weir subdivision of Summerfield.
When they arrived on scene they found a woman, 72-year old Violet Pierce on the side of the road, in front of her home. Despite efforts by EMT'S ...Pierce went into cardiac arrest. She was taken to the Villages Regional Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
"With people burning around here, I thought it was just somebody burning garbage or something. It didn't dawn on me until I heard him hollering. Her health wasn't good at all, she was just in the hospital a couple of weeks ago."
State Fire Marshall's are investigating what caused the fire.
But at this time, they don't suspect foul play.
- Four Dead Following House Fire, Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire
- Dead Body-Grow House
- Local family loses everything in house fire, seeking community support
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- Feast at the Fire House
- House in Hawthorne Catches on Fire
- Lightning Starts House Fire
- Man Dies in Citra House Fire