Depot Park Update
G-R-U spent about a month moving the old depot building to a temporary location. The building used to sit on soil that was contaminated decades ago.
But now that G-R-U owns the property, they're responsible for the cleanup. Gainesville City Commissioners faced two options for the project. One was to treat the contaminated soil. The other? Dump it in a landfill.
Commissioners went with the cheaper landfill option. G-R-U officials say The Department Of Environmental Protection will help with some of the costs..
The rest comes from a fee paid by G-R-U customers
- Depot Park groundbreaking
- Depot Park opens August 1st
- Sex offenders living within one mile of Depot Park, some parents concerned
- Alcohol being sold at Depot Park
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- Updates coming to Devil's Millhopper State Park
- Weekend Parking Garage Shooting Update
- State Parks Update
- Updated monument at Alachua County Veterans Memorial Park revealed
- Depot Avenue Re-opens