Election Day Over, But Vote Counting Continues
The canvassing board carefully entered the data from one of the early voting machines at the Tower Road Branch Library location. They knew how each of the 3632 voters cast their ballot, but the machine would not automatically download the information to the vote tabulation machine.
"It's time consuming," says Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Pam Carpenter. "It's something you want to go very carefully. You have your canvassing board so you can make sure you don't make any errors."
Carpenter says she will figure out what went wrong with the machine, but first the canvassing board has to count about 600 provisional ballots, certify the numbers and audit the voting machines. Plus, with a very tight race in State House District 11, a recount may be needed.
Debbie Boyd extended her slim lead by 121 votes over Elizabeth Porter thanks to the results of the faulty early voting machine.
- Days After Election, Florida's Votes Finally Counted
- Pulled Over, Get Out In Alachua County
- Early Voting Count Down
- Early Voting For Run-Off Election
- Vote 2013: Gainesville Mayor Lowe on Why He Should Be Re-elected
- Vote 2013: Ed Braddy on Why He Should Be Elected Mayor of Gainesville
- Mayoral Election Vote
- Voting To Change Elections
- Early Voting For Gainesville Runoff Election Begins Monday
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Pedro Bravo Guilty On All Counts