Family And Friends Remember Marine Officer
Friends and loved ones are remembering a North Central Florida Marine Officer days after he was found dead in an underwater scuba-diving cave.
Marine Lieutenant Colonel Yessic Spencer, 42, and Joseph Hartranft, 52, were found in a cave dive in Pasco County Wednesday night. Spencer was stationed in Tampa, but his widow and two children live in Gainesville.
Aside from being a dedicated Marine, those who knew Spencer said he also found time to work with the Boy Scouts. Spencer served as teh Assistant Cubmaster of Pack 127. As the rangemaster, he was in charge of keeping the Scouts safe while shooting B-B guns and bows and arrows. To the boys and Todd Yurchisin, Cubmaster of Pack 127, Spencer was the unofficial sergeant of arms of the troop.
"He was a perfect gentleman, wore his uniform with pride. He was a great example to the boys," Yurchisin said.
Spencer is survived by his wife Sherolyn and his two children, a daughter in eighth grade and a son in fifth grade.
- Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
- Friends and Family Remember the Life of Christian Aguilar
- Friends and family paint 34th Street wall to remember Baby Paisley
- Fallen Marine Remembered
- Williston Remembers a Local Athlete, Compassionate Friend
- Friends Remember Grant Lockenbach and Michael Pirie
- Family Friend Turned Fiend of Family
- Family Speaks About Marine's Death
- Two North Central Florida Families Have Their Fallen Marines Memorialized
- Friends, Family Remember Taylor Asbell