Gainesville Bar In Trouble
All is quiet outside Club Decadence early this afternoon, but when Decadence opens at night it's a different story.
"Guns are going into this club, we're getting intelligence that most of our local drug dealers this is their hangout," said Lt. Keith A. Kameg of GPD. "It's a place that realistically we have to put more officers for safety. When decadence is crowded we have to shift anywhere from four to ten officers to cover a parking lot."
Police say that flooding the area with officers is now essential. They asked the owner to install metal detectors at the bar, but nothing was done. We tried to get a comment from him after his release from jail for last night's arrest.
Police will increase walk-throughs at Decadence checking for any illegal activity.
"All the other bars can comply and decadence has not," said Kameg. "We're not trying to shut down a business, what we're trying to do is a behavior change. I mean why is it your club is having all these problems."
- Trouble-makers in Bars Beware!
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Gainesville Man Who Was Involved In Shooting Now Behind Bars
- A Gainesville man is behind bars after exposing himself to two children.
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars for Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Gainesville Police Hold Seminar For Bars and Drinking Establishments
- City Leaders Bar Minors from Bars