Gainesville Cops Arrest Three Men Before The Crime
Gainesville Police Officers hid in the bushes Thursday night to catch criminals before they commit a crime.
Captain Bart Knowles and other officers called it preventative patrolling, and they caught three men before the act Thursday. 49-year-old Lawrence Limbaugh, 20-year-old Tobaris Fields and 28-year-old Christopher Knight were charged with crimes like loitering and prowling. Even though there aren't severe penalties for the charges, Knowles said it's worth catching it early by placing officers in areas where a lot of burglaries have been occurring. Then, police do the best they can to identify suspicious behavior activities.
â€œThere's no doubt in my mind that these two individuals were about to commit a crime, more specifically, probably a burglary of some sort,â€ Knowles said.
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Gainesville's Next Top Cop
- Police: Gainesville Man, 25, Tries To Outrun Cops
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- Gainesville Courted By Statewide Candidates Before Election
- Gainesville Pastor to Go Before Jury
- Mohler Arrested For Ties With Missouri Sex Crimes
- 2 Teens Arrested After Crime Spree in Alachua County
- Ocala Police standoff Ends with Three Arrests
- Four Arrested after Three Attempted Home Invasions