Getting Ready For The Big Day
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV 20 News.
That's because in Alachua County, 70-thousand people have already cast their ballot through early and absentee voting. But it didn't change the process for poll workers to get ready to run each of the precincts.
"No doubt, even though a number of people have already voted, i expect there will be a lot of people who have waited," says precinct worker Mildred Parker.
Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Pam Carpenter says of 154-thousand registered voters, 53-thousand voted early and 20-thousand have returned absentee ballots.
"I'm hoping this is the year that Florida can put the Florida elections to bed," says Carpenter. "That we will have a very successful election story all over the state."
Carpenter adds that problems Alachua County had with posting results online should all be fixed. Polls are open Tuesday from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- Getting ready for July 4th
- Get Pets Ready in Case of Disaster
- Marion County Gets Ready for Isaac
- Girl Power--Getting Ready for Middle School
- Teachers Getting Ready For Orientation
- UF STUDENTS GETTING READY FOR THE GAME
- Getting your skin ready for summer
- Farmers Get A Big Boost
- Alzheimer's Research Gets Some Big Funding In Florida
- Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County