Justice Stevens at UF
The nation's oldest and longest serving United States Supreme Court Justice... John Paul Stevens... did not give any hints about his retirement plans as he addressed law school students at the University Of Florida this week.
At age 88, Stevens is viewed as the Justice most likely to next leave the court, but no one asked and he didn't volunteer any hints in his hour-long question and answer session.
Stevens is the fourth Supreme Court Justice to visit the Gainesville campus in three years.
Stevens was appointed to the court by President Gerald Ford. He is the eighth longest serving Justice in the history of the court.
- Arrest at Gator Nationals
- No Bond for Man Accused of Killing Grandmother and Great Grandmother
- Double Homicide In Marion County
- Newberry Schools on High Alert Monday
- Ocala Man Beats, Stabs Dog, Neighbors Intervene
- Dog Recovering After Abuse, Owners Relinquish Custody
- Act FAST: Learn the Signs of a Stroke
- 'Justice for Trayvon' Rallies Set For 100 Cities Nationwide
- Justice John Paul Stevens Views on Death Penalty
- Equine Rescue Wants Justice for Starved Horses