Making energy efficient upgrades
A program called LEEP provides assistance to low-income families for energy efficient upgrades to their homes.
Gainesville Regional Utilities officials say they started LEEP a few years ago as a pilot program. This year, they plan to help more than a hundred families.
Joan Hope, of Southeast Gainesville, says she had various changes made to her home through LEEP. She says she sees a difference in her utility bills.
- New Energy Efficient Community
- Nonprofits to Receive Stimulus Money for Home Energy Efficiency
- Residents Could Qualify For Rebates On Energy Efficient Appliances
- Fla. Energy-Efficient Appliance Rebates Run Out
- UF Makes "Progress" with Renewable Energy on Campus
- Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
- 3/18/13 Fitzness Minute: Workout Efficiency
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- Downtown Upgrades Stand Still
- Bus Stop Upgrades