Mall Traffic Problem
When it comes to buying real estate... conventional wisdom says it's about location, location, location. And when a man in North Central Florida bought his home near a strip mall, that's what he considered, hoping his property value would increase, he moved into his home hoping to flip it for a nice profit.
Some potential buyers may shy away from buying a home near a mall. they may not want to deal with the busy traffic or simply hate the location. But one man says that's more of the reason why he purchased his home... but now the quickest way home has been blocked off-- because of an unpaid bill.
A year ago Joe Searles of Ocala bought this home in the Heathbrooke subdivision, hoping it's location would increase his profit when it sold.
This private access road belongs to Mike Spellman. Spellman contracted commercial industrial corporation to build the road.
The contractor Matt Rudnianyn says the owner-- Spellman owes him several hundreds of thousands of dollars and closed the road to get his attention.
When we contacted Spellman about the unpaid bill, he neither confirmed or denied it...and offered no comment.
"They've obviously gotten everybody's attention, so hopefully it can be resolved quickly."
- Dixie County Residents Hope Traffic Changes Will Help Solve Problems at Dangerous Intersection
- Mall Safety the Day After Shooting at Oaks Mall
- Another Mall Shooting
- Shooting Outside Oaks Mall
- "Red Hatters" Gather at Oaks Mall
- Counterfeit Money At Oaks Mall
- Mall Brawl
- GPD: Oaks Mall Employee Exposes Himself, Commits Lewd Acts
- Black Friday Shoppers Pack the Oaks Mall in Search of Best Deals
- Oaks Mall Robbery