MARION COUNTY MORTGAGE FRAUD
Across Florida, home foreclosures are an epidemie, skyrocketing forty four percent from last year.
WCJB has learned of a scam which began when the housing market was good, is ruining lives, and still has gone unpunished.
Amy Flax went to take out a loan to fix her roof and instead found out she had three houses, all in foreclosure, that she says she had never laid eyes on.
Amy Flax had become what law enforcement calls a straw buyer.
Flax says she agreed to allow a man named William Houston Kng to use her name to take out a loan to purchase houses, with the promise of cash.
Amy Flax says,
"You look at them and you say okay, well they're being nice you know because they have this big fine house ...and this big old nice luxury truck and you know, when you aint really into paperwork or read good, anybody can slam you."
WCJB spoke to William King earlier and he denied any involvement in this fraud.
- Plea Hearing for Mortgage Fraud Scheme
- MC Mortgage Fraud Part 2
- Check Fraud Scheme Broken Up in Putnam County
- Alachua County Man Arrested For SNAP Fraud
- Marion County Man Arrested for Credit Card Fraud
- Columbia County Woman Arrested for $160,000 In Medicaid Fraud
- Alachua County Man Arrested on Numerous Health Care Fraud Charges
- Columbia County man suspected of fraud
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed